Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowed IN Love!



Greetings from SNOWY Texas!  Anyone who is reading this post knows that one of our "things" as a couple is to wander to the Starbucks that is perfectly positioned (on a typical day) directly behind our apartment.  Starbucks couldn't be close enough today - even though we were faced with wind chills in the negative and a sheet of ice under our feet, we did not let that stop us, it was "baby shit" as my dad would say.  So, we Starbucks addicts, with Northface jackets as our outer layer, slipped and scurried to our favorite hang out.  But I didn't make it out the door without some fashion advice from Jay.  Apparently he was not fond of my outfit today (you'll notice I didn't include a picture), but trust me, my leggings, oversized flannel pearl snap and Uggs were a hit with the baristas! 





Success!  Equipped with two grande, sugar free caramel with an inch of steamed non-fat Americanos to keep our hands warm, we decided a trip to Wal Mart should be added to our agenda.  We were in dire need of salt, binders for Jay's new school semester, and masking tape for one of my school lessons!  In all seriousness, I'm not sure we would be able to eat a meal without salt - so this trip was a must. 



When we got home Jay was enthused and excited to help me with my lesson plan for school.  Next week, I will be teaching my third graders about energy and I am using pull-back cars to show the difference between potential and kinetic energy.  I think Jay would like to be a student in my class...look how much fun he was having!




VROOM VROOM!  I love it!  What a fun day with my sweet Jay!  It's the coldest week we've had in Texas in 22 years!  Tomorrow will be another snow day...what's next?  I can't wait to see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment