Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Engaged and Elated

I know I'm a little premature with the whole Mr. and Mrs. Sims title, but my hopes are that I will keep up with this blog long into the future.  Since I WILL be Mrs. Sims in the near future, what the heck?  :0)

So, I'm sure all that are reading this are well aware that we are now happily engaged!  YIPEEEEE!


We were engaged on Tuesday, January 25th, 2011 at the Gaylord, our favorite place! The night of our engagement is a night I will never forget.  We went to dinner at Bob's Steak and Chop House in Grapevine with my family.  I didn't think the night could get any better after I was full with a delicious bone-in filet and time with some of my favorite people in the world - but little did I know, Jay had a surprise up his sleeve (or in his pocket, actually).  

After returning to the Gaylord, Jay and I ordered a drink, and decided to go for a walk while we waited for my parents.  Jay now tells me that we were going to be engaged while sitting on the bench where he was waiting to pick me up for our first date, which also happened at the Gaylord.  But, someone was sitting in "his" spot.  Knowing Jay, I know he was very nervous and instead of waiting for the man to get off the bench, he walked me to another location near the margarita bar. 

We sat down and Jay preceded to tell me how I was his best friend.  I told him that he was mine as well.  I really had no idea yet, I don't know if it's due to the chocolate martini I had at dinner, or because Jay and I always tell each other how we are best friends.  Never the less, Jay made his intentions quite apparent soon after - he went on to tell me that he fell in love with me the very first night, just a few feet away and butterflies started fluttering in my stomach.  Then, he got on one knee and asked me to marry him.  I can not find the words to express my happiness.  If you take the happiest moment of your life and multiply that times a million, it may be close.  :)

After I cried and said YES, we walked back to the bench where a pianist was playing "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and singing to us.  We danced and am now certain more than ever that I am the luckiest girl in the whole world to be marrying the love of my life, Jayson Sims. 




No comments:

Post a Comment