Sunday, February 13, 2011

Snow Days!

North Texans saw weather like we haven't in at least 20 years over the last couple of weeks.  I was out of school February 1st-4th, and then again on the 9th!  We had record lows and negative degree wind chills. 


We had nights of bitter cold - so Jay and I watched movies on Netflix and drank at least two bottles of moscato.  First, we watched The Last Song, which had a nice story, but confirmed Miley Cyrus has no business in the acting arena.  Then, The Runaways with Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart.  The movie told the story of Joan Jett.  It was a decent movie - but I have to admit, it was difficult to watch Dakota Fanning act in such a mature role.  I guess she can't stay a baby forever, she's just one of my favorite child actors. 

In between the two movies, Jay thought it would be a great idea to put in my hair extensions.  What do you think?  I can remember my Jay having long hair in the past, but I must say, I prefer his clean cut look much more! 


The picture on the right shows Jay making his favorite, a red draw.  It is a beer mixed with tomato juice, beer, tobasco sauce, and in our house...lots of SALT!  A venue in Wichita Falls called Bar L claims to have created the red draw.  If you haven't ever had one, it's a must!  They are fabulous pool or lake side in the Summer.  Jay has recently started substituting the tomato juice for a bloody mary mix called Zing Zang, which is good too! 

I can be comforted in knowing that everyday will be a surprise and have an element of entertainment in my life with Jayson.  You never know what he is going to do - he'll probably kill me for adding this video, but ENJOY!  I'm not sure what his inspiration for this dance was, but he never fails to make me smile.


Once we finally braved the icy roads, we drove straight to Snuffer's and ordered some terribly fattening cheese and bacon fries!  I texted my dad the picture below and got the response I should have known was coming..."once on the lips, forever on the hips".  That may be true, dad, but boy were they worth it! 


And as if you don't see Jay being goofy enough.  Here's our drive home...no explanations needed. 


Having a few snow days just days after our engagement was such a blessing!  We have spent the days brainstorming our dream venue, making phone calls, and enjoying our time together.  We never slow down long enough to enjoy every moment - but this weather has given us a beautiful excuse to do just that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment